UGN Security
Posted By: Beegie_B Fedora Sound Problem - 01/02/04 04:11 PM
Ok, umm When ever I run Fedora the sound is on for about 20 min or so, and than suddenly cuts out and I can't hear anything anymore, the sound only comes back if I reboot the system.

Beeg
Posted By: AnthonyVSD Re: Fedora Sound Problem - 01/03/04 06:18 AM
Sounds like you're having a problem with the sound server. Is it the desktop sounds that don't work, or a program such as XMMS?
Posted By: sinetific Re: Fedora Sound Problem - 01/03/04 09:10 PM
What kind of sound card are you using? also are you using ALSA or OSS sound drivers for it and what kernel are you using? All of these things make a huge difference, especially in the new kernel 2.6 where they have built most of the sound drivers into the kernel. Also you might want to check what sound output plugin your using, esound, alsa, oss, etc.. but i really need a lot more information to fix a linux sound problem then what you have provided.
Posted By: AnthonyVSD Re: Fedora Sound Problem - 01/04/04 05:58 AM
If you're running XMMS and your sound died, it's likely the sound server obtained temporary exclusive rights to the sound card and is blocking you from using the standard output plugin. As the previous post said, more information is required.
Posted By: Beegie_B Re: Fedora Sound Problem - 01/04/04 08:30 AM
ok, umm, well the problem is somewhat solved, If I use KDE there is no problem, it just happens when I use Gnome, and it just automatically cuts out, I can always try reinstalling the Gnome enviroment.... I'll get back to you on how it turns out...

Beeg
© UGN Security Forum