UGN Security
The US military is making a 1:1 scale virtual earth, using a real-world terrain database, to make it better prepared for small-scale battles around the world.

A gaming company called There has been commissioned to code the computer simulation which follows on from one of their own gaming projects. The new earth clone will be accurate enough for people to walk across continents if so wished.

So far only Kuwait City has been modeled, and the project is expected to be complete in September, with some military personnel who have served in Iraq will get the opportunity to test out the work-in-progress in the spring.

Source
has anyone ever checked out the site where you can be a virtual tourist? you go to wherever you choose, and see the sites. im sorry, i cant remember the address, but if you type in virtual tourist you'll probably get it. check it out.
<Used to VR in liek....1993-95 in cincinati ohio. Learner I'm guessing you've not ever heard of "The Earth Simulator" In Japan? Just guessing, that story is just the tip on a iceberg of vr eutopia. HMD's, Tactile functioning, maybe even neuralnetic implants brain-wise in the next 5 years would herald this version of the internet/gaming industry a bust. In mere days people would re-write, and mod everything imo.

The scary part is visual virus or neural ones though. Killing ppl by their nerves. Or causing brains to cease with sight code:X Our kids might just do [censored] like that:X:X scary. But yea I live near "The Cave" here, it's at Virginia Tech. They do awesome vr [censored] there. Though the Earth Simulator was the #1 super computer in the world when I checked near 3/4 through 2003. Meh, tell me what you think before I go on.
© UGN Security Forum