UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Pope speaks out against war - 02/22/03 12:40 PM
In a statement to Indonesian delegates, Pope John Paul II called for world religions to come together in this time of crisis, and to find a way to avert war with Iraq. The Pope said that politics should not be a source of religious division.

The pope is quoted as saying,"As religious leaders committed to peace, we should work together with our own people, with those of other religious beliefs and with all men and women of goodwill to ensure understanding, cooperation, and solidarity."

John Paul recently met with UN Secretary-General Annan, German Foreign Minister Fischer, and Iraqi Deputy PM Aziz, and plans to meet with UK PM Blair soon.

"War is always a defeat for humanity," said John Paul, "It is also a tragedy for religion."

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGANVXT4FCD.html
Posted By: §intå× Re: Pope speaks out against war - 02/22/03 12:41 PM
"War is always a defeat for humanity," said John Paul, "It is also a tragedy for religion."

he would know since he was a mustard gas salesman to Germany befor and during WWII
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Pope speaks out against war - 02/22/03 08:30 PM
I remember in my Medieval Total War game the pope would whine to me about attacking other nations. What did I do? I conquered the papal states. Screw him.
© UGN Security Forum