UGN Security
Posted By: unity Soundcard to phone mod - 11/22/03 12:00 PM
So. Let's say that I wanted to too hook my soundcard up to my phone, through my speaker out. How would I go about doing such a thing? I have already tried putting two alligator clips on the end of an eighth-inch cord, but it fried my first soundcard when I hooked it up to my phone's terminals.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 11/22/03 12:35 PM
You [censored] moron...

Now that I have that out of my system, go to radio shack and state that you need CAT #43-1237 .

The reason it doesn't have the ability to plug you into your phone directly is BECAUSE IT WILL FRY YOUR SOUND CARD.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 11/22/03 12:43 PM
BTW, if you can't afford the $14.69, keep in mind you wont end up frying yet another soundcard...
Posted By: n0mel Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/01/04 04:37 AM
http://www.ee.washington.edu/circuit_archive/circuits/F_ASCII_Schem_Tel.html

has a schematic on phone line to audio, and a bunch of other phone schematics.
Posted By: weeve Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/02/04 03:11 PM
lol those rj-11 to 1/8 inch convertors work:D for recording, and for piping sound in. it's a little thing with a switch on it from record to play, and then it has a rj-11 in, and out, then a 1/8 inch cable, or jack. Radio shack has them yes. heh this is the 2nd post I've seen on this type of hook up....it's just like a $5 piece for me, heh least...when I bought it it was:X:D They probably raised the price. Watch them drop it like they did to the good tone dialers, the old one's that worked bomb with the larger crystals:/
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/02/04 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
You [censored] moron...

Now that I have that out of my system, go to radio shack and state that you need CAT #43-1237 .

The reason it doesn't have the ability to plug you into your phone directly is BECAUSE IT WILL FRY YOUR SOUND CARD.
:points:

LISTEN TO ME!! lol...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weeve Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/02/04 04:31 PM
indeed, the gizmo knows.(liek the shadow:)

*hugs his convertor*
Posted By: n0mel Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/03/04 03:39 AM
hahah...I hear you gizmo. Some people like to make their own stuff for the experience points though.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/03/04 07:50 AM
others just wanna spend $5 instead of $30 though wink ...
Posted By: n0mel Re: Soundcard to phone mod - 05/04/04 06:14 AM
hahah...if it costs $30 for a tinny transformer, then I would agree smile You can probably pick them up for under $1 *easily*...probably under $0.50. Or, get an old phone from a garage sale.
© UGN Security Forum