UGN Security
Posted By: crasy small os - 01/04/05 11:35 PM
what i was thinking on doing is trying to find a small os maybey only 200 mb that can fit on those small cd that are like 2 inches big i thoaught that i can put may by linux or the dyne bolic but it is too big i wan to make or buy an os that can fit on that size cd and or dvd mini and that can be bootable from the disk and not the hard drive if any one has any work with the dyne bolic linux they know what i am talking about but i need help making one fit on the small diskc
Posted By: crasy Re: small os - 01/04/05 11:42 PM
what this is for is i am trying for my school project is to make a micro pc so what i have done was i am my freinds and teachers we build a mini computer with a touch screen and a cd drive and it has a amd 64 2200+ in it and it was a tablet pc at first but now we are making it smaler
i have the tast of think of a way to save space and money so i though of a cd drive mini so u just insert the disk and boot even without a hard drive

this is not for money it is just a learning experience for me and my freinds so we wont sell any thing we make and we will give credit to those who help thanks and ps i will show pics and blue prints of our design
Posted By: Gremelin Re: small os - 01/05/05 12:40 AM
LoaF : Linux on a Floppy 1.44M

Zip Slack : Slackware Linux for small systems, about 100M.

You can also find a large list of "Small Linux Distributions" here
Posted By: Ice Re: small os - 01/05/05 09:30 AM
nice link Gizmo, gonna have to bookmark that one smile
Posted By: Ghost Re: small os - 01/05/05 12:17 PM
Haha, I did the exact same thing a few days ago with one of those tiny CD's. I put a fully functional 50MB distro on it, called Damn Small Linux, or DSL. It's only 50MB on the disc, and it still has X, and includes the Fluxbox window manager. Get it at http://www.damnsmalllinux.org
Posted By: Gremelin Re: small os - 01/05/05 02:23 PM
I donno, I'm still a fan of anything with "Slackware" on it wink
Posted By: crasy Re: small os - 01/07/05 12:55 AM
i am having trouble downloading them
it takes for ever i am cable internet so can u help me find a http faster download link please
Posted By: Gremelin Re: small os - 01/07/05 01:59 AM
you'd have to browse the individual distribution's website's for mirrors.
© UGN Security Forum