UGN Security
Posted By: nueone00 Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 01:22 AM
Hey, im really bored so i felt like asking for some ideas what i could do on a school computer that would pass the time, such as in a story i read on a diff post was bouncing messages from one computer to another. Things around those lines i guess, just some sweet stuff to do, any ideas, any input is welcomed.
l8r
nueone
Posted By: unreal Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 05:38 AM
Umm...surf the web ?
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 12:01 PM
lol, im at school right now.... browsing the boards.
Posted By: Asteos Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 05:19 PM
If you use novell it's easy to send messeges to other network users. Right click on the novell icon on the taskbar ... the 'send message' option shall be there somewhere. Find the username or userid of the person you wanna talk to (if they're signed onto the network) and chat away. I used to message my computer tech teacher all the time from half way across the room. He used to get a big kick out of it. It'll probably work the same way on any other type of windows network, too.

You could edit the registry ;-) that's always fun. Rename the recycle bin in win98 by going to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} ... or something along that line. You could edit the explorer by running 'edit explorer.exe' or you could go to wincustomize.com and download a bunch of skins for various windows programs. I did all of these things last year. I sat in front of a computer for the first 2 and a half hours of school everyday. You can imagine how bored I got.
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 06:33 PM
thanks astros, i used to message people in my class all the time last year and then all the people who knew how to message graduated and i couldnt remember.
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/12/02 11:53 PM
yup, the one bouncing the messages was me laugh its great. even better than printing [censored] on the principals printer.
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/13/02 12:12 AM
Heh i've never tried bouncing messages ill have to give that a whirl tomarrow. My school's filter wont even let me view ugn so i havent been checking in latley(any way to get by that filter would be nice laugh )
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/13/02 12:44 AM
ive been having problems with my filter too, also would apreciate help getting past this, but i can still send messages
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Bored on School Computers - 09/13/02 01:34 AM
hmmm, we had novell and my friend flooded it some how and it crashed sti (our grading program) and it caused our school to upgrade to win2k servers. It was so funny... they would say "all teachers please log out of sti" over the intercom.
© UGN Security Forum