UGN Security
Posted By: Imperial Electronica - 09/04/02 02:03 AM
Yeah, everyone likes it...even if you just heard it in a Mitsubishi commerical

so I've got a bunch of cd-r's and I'm thinking "hey I should burn some cd's"

I'm thinking about compiling a cd set of various artists but I need some more songs...I've got about 20+ but I'm not sure if some of them are good enough to make it in

so, if you would, post up your favorite electronica songs...any variation just post!
Posted By: unreal Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 04:16 AM
I love listening to this stuff when I'm driving. Two songs I really like are "JXL vs. Elvis Presley - Little Less Conversation" and "DJ Sammy - Heaven."
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 01:39 PM
Dude, there are like many many songs I love. But I guess I'll limit 2 per artist I enjoy. And the sound I'll give ya is 'smooth but kickin w/ vocals'.

DJ Mystik: WARNING! Albums are a continuous mix
- This artist has 33 albums out with music ranging from mixes to originals and sucky to excellent. Definately a hit or miss kind of guy.

4 Ever One - 09 - Into The Blue
(had to add that one, every time I hear this song I wanna [censored] the singer, her voice is that sexy)

4 Ever One - 07 - I See Stars.mp3
(fit my criteria perfectly)

Robert Miles: Albums are a continuous mix, but does have some closure between songs
- Once a classical piano player, he switched to trance and keyboard. All originals, music ranges from good to genius. Many of his sounds are inspiration in other DJ's music. Very much a true trance artist who puts a lot of feeling in his music.

Dreamland - 01 - Children (Dream Version)
(no vocals and doesn't kick, however, this is a very popular song of his that was also remixed by Darude in 'Children of the Sandstorm')

23 AM - 03 - Everyday Life
(truly terrific song with excellent vocals and a very large variety of sounds from smooth to kickin.)

Unknown Artist:
Phantom of the Opera (Techno Dance Mix) 3.77 MB (3,957,504 bytes)
(do a search for this. It's a truly monumental mix for a monumental song. Very very excellent vocals with indescribable music.)

Voice of Buddha
- Voice of Buddha creates CD's of various artists. The 'Progressive Goa Trance' album holds the essence of the best Goa - my favorite style - has to offer. No vocals.

Album - Track - Artist - Title
Progressive Goa Trance - 06 - Fuxian - Dishonesty
Progressive Goa Trance - 08 - Whonic - Symptomatic
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 03:31 PM
I have a few favs...

Donald Glaude
MC Skibadee
AK1200
Voice of Buddah
DJ Elecrtokid << Get a kick outta this Electrokid , Electrokid is from OR
DJ Engel << Originally from OR

I have others but i'm just too damned tired to think...
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 08:28 PM
cant help ya there, me only listen to rock and rap.
Posted By: unreal Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 09:57 PM
Moffesto: Then why post?

Anyway, I'm also really into DJ Tiesto. That is some good stuff.
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 11:00 PM
i dunno, i just dont like not saying something..... ill remember that next time when i dont have a helpful answer.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/04/02 11:34 PM
This isn't really electronica, well it sort of is...

Mindless Self Indulgence is a band i started listening to recently, and they are more addictive than any other band. Deftones used to be my favorite band, but now I am not sure. They are sort of electronic, but with sort of rock, a little rap, and crazy vocals.

LTJ Bukem has some nice stuff.

The Dust Brothers, Liam Howlett live stuff is good. Mostly i don't like the electronica side of music though. I call it all techno anyway, but usually I think of dance when i hear electronica and most dance i don't like.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 12:28 AM
/me growls at moffesto

you're just trying to beat my second place in number of posts aren't ya. You could at least do it with a little quality.
Posted By: Imperial Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 12:51 AM
Sunn: FYI Dust Brothers are now Chemical Brothers

where the hell is sientific? I heard he'd have some good stuff to add
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 01:06 AM
Impy, WHAT THE HELL??!?!

I thought Chemical Brothers and Dust Brothers were completely different dudes? /me goes to check names and compare....

CB = Thomas Owen Mostyn Rowlands and Edmund John Simons

DB = Michael Simpson and John King

I think what I just read, said that The Chemical Brothers used to be called the Dust brothers but got legal advice to stop it.

So how well do they do? Well, put it this way: this album makes it clear why the Chemical Brothers used to call themselves the Dust Brothers, back before they received legal advice that this may be a really bad idea. Well, unless they wanted to be sued and kicked to death. After all, if you were going to [censored] yourself of as any of the major proponents of modern producer-made music, it would be this pair. They finally teach the world what producers do: everything.

From http://www.pheasnt.demon.co.uk/MUDGE/ISS19/FIGHTOST.HTM

not sure about reliability though. But the Dust Brothers I am talking about did the Fight Club soundtrack, my favorite soundtrack ever.
Posted By: Abnormality Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 01:28 AM
I have some favs to:
Dieselboy
Aphrodite
DJ Irene
Bad Boy Bill
Lisa Lashes
DJ Bam Bam
AK1200
DJ Greg Packer
DJ Venom
DJ Dara
Aphex Twin
Tunnel Trance Force
DJ Networx
thats just a couple of them...
Posted By: Imperial Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 01:37 AM
oh, way to get the information sunn....gold star for you

and guys, list songs too...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Abnormality:
I have some favs to:
Dieselboy
DJ Irene
AK1200
DJ Dara
Aphex Twin
I agree to the above wink .
Posted By: YrS Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 03:21 PM
PERHAPS SOME;

DJ TIESTO
FERRY CORSTEN
PAUL VAN DYK
FERGIE
MAURO PICOTTO

Or some older stuff;
Scooter
Underworld
Ultrasonic
Ultimate Buzz
QFX
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 04:23 PM
YrS: only one of those I like is Paul Van Dyk wink .
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Electronica - 09/05/02 10:24 PM
most of the songs off the linkin park reanimation cd might count...
Posted By: Imperial Re: Electronica - 09/06/02 10:36 PM
ugh..please not that cd

Linkin Park was decent in the beginning, then they blew up and were hyped to hell

so whatever, good for them...they made it big...but now they milk it again with a remix cd of all of their songs

yeah, as if the first few millions they made weren't enough
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/07/02 01:32 AM
haha. Yeah, that pissed me off. I liked parts of their songs, and of course Cure For The Itch was the best. I thought alot of their lyrics were amateurish, but instrumental versions of their songs (like so many other bands...cough limp bizkit) would rule I think.

To me, putting out a remix cd second is, as Imp said, just milking it. Kinda "dissin" the fans that they managed to grab.

gold star for you
lmao, coolness.

I am still listening to MSI...i can't stop listening to them.

Edit: cd second is Impy = cd second is, as Impy
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Electronica - 09/09/02 07:36 PM
Dieselboy kicks [censored] thanks for the sugestion
Posted By: HighLander Re: Electronica - 09/09/02 07:57 PM
Well i would suggest, but all my fav's were already posted, well except for

Basement Jaxx
Warmdue Project (King of my Castle) &
DDR
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/17/02 02:33 AM
I can't believe i forgot Junkie XL. Def Beat, Unerachievers, No Remorse, and War are awesome. Also, X-Panding Limits, Legion, and Zerotonin are good but they are more lyrical and a little rappish.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Electronica - 09/17/02 06:10 AM
I hate lyrics in trance/rave music!

In a truely good set its so hard to even hear words, hell i get a migraine sometimes just trying to figure out wtf is being said!
Posted By: sinetific Re: Electronica - 09/17/02 06:46 AM
i hate trance. Jungle and trip hop/acid jazz are good. If i could recomend some music it would have to be DJ Shadow, anything from ninja tune records http://www.ninjatune.com check out xen cuts artist like dj vadim, coldcut, cut chemist, other artist form other labels that are good roni size, DJ mark farina's mushroom jazz is good [censored]. If you like turntablists the the executioners, invisible scratch picklez, dj qbert, the allies, mix master mike, the beat junkies, short kut, roc raida, dan the automater. Well this list gets a little of the base of electronica, but its deffinately not rock n roll and it aint rap, so start those file sharing search engines up.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 04:47 AM
I started listening to DJ Shadow and DJ Short Kut (as it said in the mp3, I don't know if it is just short kut like you said) before I formatted, and that was awesome stuff. I like stuff with heavy bass, and nice turntables. Really complex and fast drumbeats rule, but slower stuff is good too. (Clubbed to Death by Rob D on The Matrix Soundtrack is awesome.)

I will check out some of that stuff sine.
Posted By: unreal Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 07:07 AM
I love vocals along with rave music in most applications. First off, the vocals must be female...that's the only thing that works. I really don't like fast vocals with faster beats (there are exceptions), but instead, moderate tempo, more melodic voices with faster beats (see "DJ Mystik - Look At Us Now"). Slow and melodic voices with slow beats are really good too...such as "Massive Attack - Dissolved Girl."
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 01:18 PM
In some of Robert Miles work he has vocals for it's SOUND. No words, just vocal sounds. "Robert Miles - Dreamland - 02 - Fable (Message Version)" is an example of a female starting the song with lyric-vocals then doing some well-variated sound-vocals soon after. I agree with unreal about how famale vocals are pretty much all that goes well with electronica... here's an exception though...

Although Enigma isn't electronica (newage), that indian sounding guy does some excellent sound-vocals. For instance 'Morphing Thru Time' on the 'Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!' album starts out with some kind of arabic sound-vocals, then moves on later into the song to the excellent indian sound-vocals.

So I think indian sound-vocals would also sound really good in electronica. However, with lyric-vocals I still think only female sounds good with electronica.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 07:52 PM
Sneaker Pimps, Massive Attack, and Splashdown all sound great. I think male voices can work well with electronica, but not usually. Females sound better when they sing than males. If I was in a band, i would want a female singer. And I agree, it is better when the vocals are just for the sound.
Posted By: Curse Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 08:45 PM
I guess I am the only UGN member who doesn't listen to anything in the "Electronica" genre...
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Electronica - 09/18/02 09:11 PM
probably now curse, i just started listening to it really recently, after being here for a week. before that all i listened to was rock and metal, and some rap. korn, godsmack, disturbed, slipknot, soulfly, mudvayne, some greenday, DMX, dr dre, snoop dog, with some limp bizkit, linkin park, and eminem, but now im all for this electronica [censored]. strange how that happens
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Electronica - 09/19/02 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Abnormality:
I have some favs to:
Dieselboy
Aphrodite
DJ Irene
Bad Boy Bill
Lisa Lashes
DJ Bam Bam
AK1200
DJ Greg Packer
DJ Venom
DJ Dara
Aphex Twin
Tunnel Trance Force
DJ Networx
thats just a couple of them...
at least someone knows whats good laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Electronica - 09/19/02 04:21 AM
Hey, my fav's were the same as his, i resent that :-x...
© UGN Security Forum