some dll's and mswinsock.ocx where ever i use
it, i want to make a webpage version of the client
so i can use it anywhere ~!
anyone know what kind of language i would be
lookin at? like java or what?
i dont want to use java but will if it's the only
option.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: remote desktop - 10/21/03 08:32 PM
for active client-side content you want to use java. For passive content (like form submission) you use perl/php/asp/something-else.
Posted By: jonconley Re: remote desktop - 10/21/03 11:04 PM
Microsoft has a Terminal Services Advanced Client that is a html file and an activex control. Well, just checked, guess that is no longer available. But here is what looks to be the same thing. Remote Desktop Connection Web Connection. Now I do not know exactly what an activex control is, but maybe this will help.

Note: It says it needs to be served for IIS, but if you are using it on your own computer, just putting it in a directory and loading the html file in a browser will work w/o a problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdwebconn.asp
Posted By: SilentRage Re: remote desktop - 10/21/03 11:26 PM
An ActiveX control is an object container who's objects are used through a visible control. I would think that would be a strictly windows. Plus, browsers other than IE may have trouble loading ActiveX content.

But I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just guessing.

If ActiveX controls work the way you want them to, you can make those controls in VB.
Posted By: jonconley Re: remote desktop - 10/22/03 02:40 AM
Ahh. Guess that wouldn't help much anyways w/ the link, b/c doesn't really solve eliminating file dependencies. /me shrugs. my bad. Assume by what you are saying, the vbscript would still need the necessary files. Whereas, with Java you could do it all w/o any files?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: remote desktop - 10/22/03 09:47 AM
yes, with java all the files are already installed. That is more likely than a user having VB runtime and controls installed.
Posted By: alchemist Re: remote desktop - 10/22/03 04:28 PM
ok thx ill go with java then...
© UGN Security Forum