UGN Security
Posted By: Ntd TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 07/28/03 04:33 PM
Howdy,
(TI-83 is a calculator, if you did not know that this post is not for you.)

I have a TI-83 Plus (Thats right a Plus) and i Believe i have reach it's maximum in its programming capabilities. Then yesterday my friend showed me a game that couldn't of been made out of the TI-83 code (because it is very limiting). Do any of you know anything about this?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 07/28/03 08:45 PM
I enjoy the use of a TI-83 Plus GRAPHER (it is NOT a calculator! :p ). I also know some about programming with TI-83. He didn't happen to transfer the code along with the program to you did he?
Posted By: BackSlash Re: TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 07/29/03 03:44 AM
the ti-83+ has a built in programming language that is somewhat similar to Basic. you access this language by pressing the PRGM button on your calculator. then in that menu you can choose to execute a program written in that language, edit one, or create a new one. as you said, this language is very limiting. there are more advanced games that can be played on a ti-83+ using a program such as ion or mirage. these games are much more advanced. these programs can not be opened as a regular program is, but rather have to be opened through the ion or mirage program. it is my understanding that these programs are written in the ti-83+ assembly language. try searching on google to find tutorials and more information about how to use the assembly language, but be aware that it is more powerful and if you don't know what you are doing you run the risk of data loss. hopefully that is what you are talking about.
Posted By: Infinite Re: TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 07/29/03 04:29 AM
Edit: I take it back. We don't have a general programming forum so I guess this is as good a place as any.
Posted By: Ntd Re: TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 07/31/03 01:53 PM
Thanks BackSlash, and SR he did but u can't edit it.
Posted By: MESELF Re: TI-83 Plus (It's a Plus :) ) - 08/12/03 05:23 PM
Thats right...you can't edit it unless he gave you the .z80 file as well. it is written in assembly. there is another way to execute it i believe. if you have the plus then you *should* be able to execute the program by pressin [2nd]Catalog then finding Asm( paste that on the screen. then find the program in the program list and paste that in the screen. you should also be able to execute it that way. not completely sure. assembly is extremely difficult compared to languages like c/c++ i am trying to learn a little but it is pretty complicated as there are no variables....just raw memory adresses that have to be in hex. and all of the commands are different also.
© UGN Security Forum